Monday, August 26, 2013

Almost There

Well this weekend was definitely a bit quieter than the one that preceded it. There were family errands to run and a Lowe's build and grow thing with the kids, but it was mostly relaxing and little tatting though I did get a custom order in late on Saturday that I worked on through Sunday.

The work I really got done was on Friday when I think I finished the collar design. I say think because I wanted to take a break on it over the weekend and come back to it today with fresh eyes. I thought about, perhaps, adding another element between the now large scallops, but I'm not sure it's needed. It's also likely that I will add crystals or beads hanging from the base row where there it a space created by the low clover sections.

I'm also working out how I want to do the closure. The easy way is just to add a clasp, but I was thinking about making crochet ties so it can be laced and worn backwards as well, tied in front like an old collar. I guess I've got my work cut out for me today figuring all this out. Any opinions on these ideas are greatly appreciated. Sometimes it's difficult to create in a vacuum as the kids aren't much help yet.

That's about all that I have planned after schooling. The custom order will be finished quickly and other than that order, the shop has remained quite calm. At least I had the chance to make something unexpected during the slowness.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...


this is really nice wow! I would think black purl buttons or grey ones thats's what I'd do :)